Sunday 10 March 2013

February favorites

I know it's a bit late but I thought I'd do it anyway. I've decided to start doing monthly favorites blogs. They won't be all beauty related, some things will be a bit random like music or films for example.

1. Eyeshadow: Patina by MAC. I really love this eyeshadow. It's such an easy colour to wear every day, it's not too much hastle because you don't need to wear anything else with it. It's neutral enough to go with anything but still makes you look really nice and above all, it's really flattering for people with blue eyes. Because it's a gold toned shadow, it makes them look even more blue. It's also quite pigmented and easy to apply. It stays on all day so very good if you're at work or school.


2. Lips: I don't wear much colour on my lips, partly because I don't like to when I'm at school but also because I find my lips need to be constantly hydrated during the winter months and not many lipsticks do that. This month I've been loving Burt's Bees lip balms. Unfortunately I've lost the label for the one I'm using so I don't know the name but all of them work really well I believe. It's just really nourrishing and it works. I've also had a bad cold in the last few weeks of february so the skin around my nose was all dry, I applied this on it one evening and by the next morning, it was so much better.


3. Skin: I've been using La Roche-Posay's Lipikar cream to moisturise at the moment. It's very rich and nourrishing. My skin has been itchy and dry because of the weather and this has made a huge difference. I'm lazy when it comes to taking care of my skin and you don't have to apply this every evening for your skin to see the benefits. Of course, you don't get the best results if you don't use it regularly but they're still pretty good.


4. Music: I've been rediscovering to the old classics like The Who, Dire Straits and so forth. I think this is because of a game on Facebook called SongPop. We've also just redecorated our lounge and we've been playng my Dad's iTunes in there a lot and he loves the classics. I've also been loving Adele and Alicia Keys actually. They both have fantastic voices.

5. Food/drink: Chai tea. We recently discoverd that the local supermarket sells a brand that do very nice chai tea, they're called Ethiquable. I've never tried it before and I like tea, but never really drank it that much. I've fallen in love with this though and it's fair trade too. It smells and tastes really nice and it's just so relaxing to have a nice cuppa while listening to some music after dinner in the evening. Especially after a long day of work and being outside in the cold for a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment