Saturday 6 July 2013

Prom makeup haul

Hi guys, sorry this is late but I was on holiday in New York this past week so I wasn't able to blog. A travel post will follow, I have quite a few lined up at the moment. The next one will be june favourites and it will have a video in it! I'm planning on filming that either today if I find the time or tomorrow. If you want to check out my vlog channel with some (quiet) vlogs of New York too here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElinorsVlogs .

Anyway, on with the haul. I was planning on going into MAC but the only MAC's around me are a real pain to get to if you don't drive. So this is all drugstore/high street makeup.

The first thing I got was a Maybelline 24 hour color tattoo in the shade 40-permanent taupe. This is a cream-gel eyeshadow and it's a taupe colour so mushroomy-brown. It's gorgeous and it does not budge. I used it as a base. It's really easy to apply and it made the eyesahdow I put on top (patina) pop. This would also look great if you just want a neutral wash of colour on your lids or if you're on the go and want a quick fix.


I also picked up a new foundation because I found that the l'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation wasn't quite suited to my skin type. I have dry skin and it gets a bit flakey on me. Anyway, I bought the Bourjois healthy mix foundation and I'm a shade 51 so pale. I absolutely love it. I find it actually benefits my skin as it's quite moisturising. It has a lovely dewy, radiant finish but it doesn't look wet like some "dewy" foundations can. I didn't use a powder with it and it was fine. I think they have quite a good range of shades too.


For my cheeks I wanted something natural so I picked up one of Bourjois cream blushes. I got the shade 01-nude velvet. It's a peachy-pink colour but it just give's you a natural glow and not overly pigmented. I really like it.


Then, for my lips I also wanted something quite nude because I was going quite full-on with the eyes. I got a Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the colour 101 and one of the Apocalips lip lacquers in the colour celestial. They're both really nice products and they're really long lasting. The Kate Moss lipstick are not too drying and the Apocalips are quite moisturising and not too sticky.


Finally, for my eyes I bought a black Soft Kohl Kajal eyeliner by Rimmel. It's very pigmented and easy to apply. The only problem is, because it's so soft, the nib get's quite bent. I still really like this product though.


No comments:

Post a Comment